Sunday, September 4, 2011

Always before you leave. Tell me you love me.

As I sit and wait the walls all seem to close in slowly, As they all turn to gray, As I close my eyes and try and focus on the last words we spoke today.

We knew one of us would have to say good-bye, pictures play over and over again I rest on the past knowing this would be the end to the future Words passing by like lighting bugs,

Smiles and laughs the people that said it would never last. The people that would never know who we are, The words I said everyday as you walk out my life for a few moments Always before you leave tell me you love me. And with a smile you would replay Everyday forever always, that's what's bringing me back home.

I rest my head on the wall. Stopping my eyes from letting the salt pour, This would be our end just now Forever and always still lasting

Your face is all I could see when my eyes open the room was empty we held each others hands And knew it was the end. Sometime even we couldn't stop time

For this moment we play our songs and watched our painted memories

Smiles and laughs the people that said it would never last. The people that would never know who we are, The words I said everyday as you walk out my life for a few moments always before you leave tell me you love me. And with a smile you would replay Everyday, Forever, always, That's what brings me back home.

Don't hold your breath You'll be holding it forever, Eyes locked Everyone starring but there's only us, we would have never been more alive if it not for our amazing lives

Hold one last time with the strength of an ox that last breath in my ear you let out that sound with a cold breath across my cheek you said

Always remember The Smiles and laughs The people that had our backs The ones that know who we always could be Remember the words that kept me coming home Always before you leave tell me you love me. And for one last time he replayed, Everyday, forever always,

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment