Monday, January 23, 2012

Worthy



Worthy by Kelly Elizabeth Jarvis.

This is something I wrote last year while I was working at my old church. I wrote it as part of a project that I had been planning for months. While the reason behind it may have been for other people I feel like when I was sitting down to write it I was speaking to myself in a lot of ways. I know for a fact I was speaking about myself. I've dealt with a lot of things in my life. Good and bad and I am blessed for all of them. This is always a reminder to me of the things God is willing to do for me and it would seem that it reopens my eyes to just how much he loves me every time I read it. I realize now that I wasn't the one writing it at the time, that these words came from God when I needed them and for me to share them to others who may be needing them.

Sometimes I feel like my knees will forever be part of the ground I lay here on. It’s then that you pick me up and hold me tight so I can hear your heartbeat. I see myself as weak in all of their eyes, but you see my strength. I seem cold to them all. But you know it’s my hurt that goes so deep I can’t see the light at the end of the hole I’ve dug myself in. I hold back feelings as to not let them all see. That I’m so broken inside I can’t even see me. But you tell me I have purpose, a reason for this life. My tongue is sore from biting my word, because I can’t seem to use the ones you do to describe me. beautiful, wonderful, and amazing. Caring and strong. These words that you use make me come undone. You speak like I am worth a place on this earth and watch me like I am a gift. You are my God and I am your child and I will forever love you.

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment