Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Today

I’ve been thinking a lot lately. I've noticed that a lot of my friends have been getting married and a lot of them talk about what will happen if they don't ever find "the one". I've never been one to give much thought to this kind of thing. In my eyes God has a plan and I'm just trying to follow that path. If I met someone that's great if I don't that's okay too. I know that God's got amazing plans for me no matter what and I can't wait to see where he takes me. But I still have these friends. I won't name names but it’s not just my girlfriends that are obsessed with this love story.

I've been thinking. As woman we are taught from a very young age about love. It's everywhere. We see it in TV shows, magazines, and even children’s movies. So I don't blame anyone for getting the idea that that's what the key to happiness is or anything. But I got to thinking about it more and it kind of started driving me a little crazy. We can spend our whole lives looking for "the one" our prince charming or lady in waiting. We can spend all this time running around like our lives our some kind of fairy tale and we won't get our happy ending without that last kiss from our true love. I think we've seem to forgotten something. We've already been part of the most epic love story ever. It's not some boy meets girl falls in love and does anything and everything he can to get this girl. Our story is about a man who was born here for a reason. To save us he gave his life because he loved you so much. He was tortured and embarrassed and killed on a cross, all this without ever even meeting you. He did this because he knew what your life was going to be. He knew all the things you were going to do and he loved you no matter what you turned out to be. He never met me, never heard my voice, and I never once said I loved him to his face. But he gladly took my place on that cross. He did it all so that one day I would be able to see him, and I would be able to tell him I love him. He did this so that one day when my life here is over I can have my happy ending.

If that's not the most beautiful love story ever I don't know what is.

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment