Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Times They Aren't A Changin'

Should I be tearing down these walls again? Before they all start to cave in. Nothings permanent they say, Yet I've felt him braking me down, for what seems like forever and a day.

Maybe he's telling the truth this time? Maybe I don't have to be afraid? After all they say people change.

And the pavement has come to know my knees so well. We've become old friends in the worst of ways. Just dust yourself off and move on with your day. But it's what they can't see that's always scaring me.

Should I be tearing down these walls again? Before they all start to cave in. Nothings permanent they say, Yet I've felt him braking me down for what seems like forever and a day.

Maybe he's telling the truth this time? Maybe I don't have to be afraid? After all they say people change.

He spends his nights in angry fits And as the sun appears so comes those sorry tears. He spits out words to comfort all my worried fears until I forgive those sorry eyes.

Should I be tearing down these walls again? Before they all start to cave in. Nothings permanent they say, Yet I've felt him braking me down for what seems like forever and a day.

Maybe he's telling the truth this time? Maybe I don't have to be afraid? After all they say people change.

I’ve studied his face and mastered his moves. I know when he’s bad and when he’s good. He’s got these tells that only I can see. And they almost never end with me being happy.

I’m tearing down these walls. Letting them come on down. I’ve made my mistakes thinking he’ll change those words he keeps spiting are sounding all the same. There's no easy way out I can’t be afraid those people were wrong. He’ll never change.

-Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment